Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Central Park Hoodie

And now, for a knitting post. Currently on my needles is Heather Lodinsky's Central Park Hoodie. I've done several sweaters for my niece, but never for an adult. This is probably my largest undertaking yet, but so far it's going just fine. I agonized over the yarn I'd use for a long time...several months! I wanted to do this pattern, and I wanted to use nice yarn, because I knew if I picked yarn I wasn't 100% in love with, I would do all that work and never wear it. Cascade 220 and Knit Picks City Tweed had been the main contenders until I decided to just take the plunge with Tahki Donegal Tweed- the yarn recommended in the pattern. Duh.
Then there was the question of my LYS vs. Webs, over an hour away. I decided to take a trip to my local store just to see if this was the yarn I wanted- touch it, etc. I walked up to the display, they had the color I wanted, and in the exact amount I needed. The yarn gods were rooting for me, so I picked it up, using my discount for being a student in the shop. Took it home, whipped up a swatch- Dead on! Then, my $90 worth of perfect yarn sat in a bag for six months. I bought the yarn in September of 2009, but had to begin my Christmas knitting shortly after buying it. Christmas knitting kept me busy (and I was working on some of them literally Christmas morning- luckily, a stomach bug kept my brother's family away for
several days, which bought me some extra knitting time to finish my niece's hat and mittens!) and unable to start. Then, when the gifts were done, I started right in on a blanket for another niece, due to arrive at the end of January. She was 6 weeks old by the time I finally got it to her. Then, and only then, did I finally start my CPH- March 30, 2010. It went quite quickly. Now, the back is done and the bottom ribbing for the left side is done and I'm ready to begin the pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment